NSS - National Service Scheme
The college arranges (N.S.S.) the Central Govt. programmes realizing the importance of national integration. We implement various activities (at least 24 programmes) and ten days camp is conducted in the Adopted villages (the following objectives are kept in mind by our N.S.S. Volunteer)
• To inculcate social values among the students.
• To develop attitude of the students for their civic responsibilities.
• To develop students attitude for positive concern for the society.
• To organize the programmes of a social burning issues like illiteracy, hygiene & health, women Empowerment, water conservation, pollution prohibition.
• Female Foeticide
• Prevention of Aids
Every year our college organizes the following activities through N.S.S.
• Birth Anniversary of Chhatrapati Shahu Maharaj on 26th June.
• Essay writing competition on world population Day 11th july.
• Independence Day 15th Aug.
• Teachers Day 5th Sept.
• Seminars, Greeting etc.
• Rally on occasion of world literacy Day 8th Sept.
• N.S.S. Day 24th Sept.(Gram Swacchata Abhiyan)
• Birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi 2nd Oct.
• Death Anniversary of Ex. Prime Minister, Indira Gandhi (National integration Day 31 Oct.)
• Essay writing competition world Aids Day- 1st Dec.
• Poster presentation.
• Swine flue
• Global warming
• Water conservation (Pani Adwa Pani Zirwa)
• Superstitions Awareness
• Tree Plantation (Zade Lawa Zade Jagawa)
• AIDS Awareness
• Save Baby Girl
• Voters Awareness
• Disaster Management.
• National youth Day 12th Jan
• 14-15 Jan. Traditional Day.
• Wastra Dan at Baba Amate Ashram.
• Fruit Distribution at Sanmati Matimand School.
• Republic Day. (26th Jan.)
• Blood Donation Camp.
• Rally on environment Protection.
• Raksha Bandhan at Slum Area.
• Nirmalya Collection.
• Participation in Pulse Polio Programme.
• Help to Flood Affected People.
• Participation in Traffic Safety week programme arranged by Traffic Police.
• Financial help for Earth quack affected people.
• Financial help for Tsunami affected people.
We have observed that our regular N.S.S. programmes are helpful to the students. Their attendance in the class is 100%, campus Discipline is Decent.
The stage Daring is improved. They participate in all the college activities. They plan and implement some of the college activities on their own leadership qualities are improved.
Our following N.S.S. volunteers were selected and participated at different N.S.S. programmes
Miss. Chaitali Magdum (selected for state level camp at Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada Vidyapeeth)
Miss. Swati Sawant and Miss. Swarada Shende (selected for state level camp at C.K.Thakur Mahavidyalaya, Panvel,Dist-Raigad.)
Miss. Snehal Tambade was awarded as Best volunteer
Miss. Mugdha Maindargi & Miss. Shrutkirti Satpute were selected for Ten Days camp organized for National Integration at Tamilnadu. Our students clinched five awards in this camp.
Miss. Kavita Patil & Miss. Sanika Satpute were awarded as (Best Volunteers)
Miss. Preeti Tukaram Patil & Miss. Swapnali Manikrao Jamadar (Best Volunteers)
Miss. Sonali Atmaram Patil (Best Volunteers)
Special NSS Camp
We organize 10 Days N.S.S. Camp in Different villages. Every year, 50 students and three faculty members, including one programme officer one peon participating N.S.S. Camp.
The principal and other faculty members also visit and also guide us always. According to the schedule the programme officer prepares the time table.
|Sr. No.||Period||Village||Participants||Programme Officer|
|1||2005-06||Abdullat,Tal-Shirol,Dist-Kolhapur||50||Shri. U. M. Mungurdekar|
|2||2006-07||Chandur,Tal-Hatkanangale,Dist-Kolhapur||50||Shri. U. M. Mungurdekar|
|3||2007-08||Shivaji University Campus||50||Shri. U. M. Mungurdekar|
|4||2008-09||Shivaji University Campus||50||Shri. U. M. Mungurdekar|
|5||2009-10||Shivaji University Campus||50||Shri. U. M. Mungurdekar|
|6||2010-11||Shivaji University Campus||50||Shri. U. M. Mungurdekar|
|7||2011-12||Shivaji University Campus||50||Shri. U. M. Mungurdekar|
|8||2012-13||Shivaji University Campus||50||Shri. U. M. Mungurdekar|
|9||2013-14||Shivaji University Campus||50||Shri. U. M. Mungurdekar|
|10||2014-15||A/Po Chandur, Tal- Hatkanangale Dist- Kolhapur||50||Shri. U. M. Mungurdekar|
|11||2015-16||A/Po Chandur, Tal- Hatkanangale Dist- Kolhapur||50||Shri. U. M. Mungurdekar|