Shri. Swami Vivekanand Shikshan sanstha is one of the most renowned education institutes of paschim maharashtra. This instittue was founded in June 1954.
Dr.Bapuji Salunke was the founder person of this institute. The sanstha got founded in the sacred city Kolhapur first. After that, The journey of the institute started in last 62 years, Sanstha established it's work not only in all over the Maharahstra but also in some parts of the Karnataka. Now a days there are 373 centres which are run under this Institute.
Dr. Bapuji Salunke, his son Abhaykumar Salunke & some other teachers & mass leaders helped the sanstha to reach the glory.
Shri Swami Vivekanand Shikshan Sanstha is a multidimensional educational institution spread over 12 Districts of Maharashtra and Karnataka with its network of 373 branches, consisting of 23 multi-faculty colleges imparting higher education in the faculties of Arts, Commerce, Science, Law, engineering, nursing and Education, 66 Jr. Colleges, 3 English Medium schools, 14 Primary Schools and 25 other branches. At present nearly 2 lacks students are learning through these branches. Our college is committed to excellence in providing quality in Teacher Education as per our Sansthas Motto-
Education for Knowledge, Wisdom and Refined culture
To inculcate in life the basic values such as truth, honesty, character, anti-exploitation, spirit, love, social service and sacrifice.
To insist on sanctity and coordination of thought, expression and practice.
1. There shall be no discrimination on the grounds of caste, creed, race and religion in the institution and in all its branches.
2. The institution is non political.
3. The members of the management will practice simplicity and frugality in their life.
4. Balance-Sheets of all the branches are kept open for all.
5. To motivate and inspire people to be spontaneous and devoted social workers for development of society.
6. A new education system will be evolved through ideal life-style of the teacher-activities as was the practice in ancient Gurukul system and thereby promote lasting values such as sacrifice, honesty, truth, equality and fraternity.
7. To develop potentials of creativity and independent thinking.
8. To confess misappropriation of public funds if you owe to the institution.